Monday 3 March 2014

Extraordinary days

Everything I've ever wanted in life I had today. Sitting sewing a blanket for you while you slept on my back, Daddy out clearing the garden while Gracie and Bailey watched on.

 I sat there thinking about all those years I was so sad because I wanted our own space, to garden, to have a baby and time to enjoy my sewing. And today I had it all. 

I realize that all the hard work and waiting has finally paid off. If we'd had a baby when we were younger it wouldn't be you.

I wouldn't be blessed with a job that allows me to have this time off to spend with you. Filling our days with milky smiles, sweet giggles, and creating lasting memories. 

We wouldn't have been able to afford our home where you were born and where we have discovered a love of gardening. To be able to grow food from seeds is something I'm glad I can now teach you as you get older. 

To anyone else today would have looked like the most ordinary boring day, but to me today was magical. I can't wait to see what the future will bring, but something tells me it is going to be extraordinary!

No comments:

Post a Comment