Friday 28 March 2014

Guilty pleasures

It's the end of another busy week. Everyone is tired. Both you and Daddy are asleep. While I'd love to finish cleaning the house, or finish my sewing project, I can't move as you are asleep at my breast. 

Every now and then you will startle, but a few moments of comfort sucking and you are back to your deep sleep.

But instead of worrying about what I could (or should) be doing I am enjoying this peaceful rest time. It's not often I get these relaxing nursing moments these days.

You are so active at all times you are either latching on and off while trying to see what else is happening around you, or you stop feeding to get my attention to give me a cheeky smile. Even if you are feeding you will be tapping my chest firmly or exploring my face with your free hand. 

Nursing you is about so much more than just feeding you. It's where you find comfort when your sad, tired or uneasy. A time to reconnect and play with mama as you have my full attention and if you don't you know how to get it!







No comments:

Post a Comment