Friday 28 February 2014

Little buds

The past few days I have learnt that I cannot protect you from the world, I can only hope to cushion your falls. 

You've experienced your first fever, and your first pains as your gums stretch and inflame from the tiny little tooth working it's way up, trying so hard to break it's way through. 

But while my back is aching from carrying your little body that grasps at my neck so tightly to ensure I don't let go. My neck is knotted and throbbing from laying awkwardly so you can sleep on mamas chest where you feel safe. And my eyes are burning from less than two hours of broken sleep. I would still walk to the end of the earth and back stopping to let you rest on my chest and rocking you gently if only to ease your pain.

You still manage to give your mama the most precious smiles even though your mouth is aching.

So we sing our own version of MJ
"Smile, though your gum is aching, smile even though it's breaking. When there are clouds in the sky..you'll get by, if you just Smile" 


1 comment:

  1. Awww, precious boy and precious Mama... I hope they come through sooner rather than later.... Love you both, and miss you. Catch up soon!! xx

    ReplyDelete