Monday 3 March 2014

Mothers are strong!

Yesterday a lady contacted me to ask my advice. I've never met her and don't know exactly how she found me but she is about to have a baby and is walking a similar path to me so I guess that's why we have connected. In our discussion about birth choices and preparations she has just said something that really resonates with me that I wish to remember. 

"This process is about losing control and being totally ok about it"

I can't believe how true this statement is. Birth is hard and it makes you strong. You cannot be in control during labour and if you can let go and accept this, it actually makes you more powerful than you have ever been. 

Not because you have more muscle or more physical strength, but because you know exactly what your body is capable of. It empowers you as a woman, because hell if I can do that I can do anything! 

And as a mother you need that inner strength to show you that hell I know what's best for my child no one else. I know what's right for us, it may not be what's right for another mum and baby but that's because we are all different.

So I'm glad that I had such an empowering birth that while it was long and hard, and at times I felt I couldn't possibly go on, that I did it. Because now I know I have the strength to be your mama. 

No comments:

Post a Comment