Saturday 19 April 2014

Little signs of change


Every night since you were born you have slept snuggled in my arms. It doesn't matter how deep a sleep you are in if I try to get up even for a moment you will realize and search for me, becoming ever more distressed the longer I take.

But last night when you woke for what I expected was for a feed, you pushed away. You didn't want to feed, you wanted your Daddy.

And there you slept for a few hours. So tonight as I struggle to finish making your first Easter present with you snuggled up under my arm I decide to try my luck and get Daddy to cuddle you now that you are asleep.

Sure enough you are sleeping soundly on your Daddies chest, a sight I thought I'd never see. 

It feels amazing to have two free hands to finish a task. My heart is filled with love and adoration as I watch you and your Daddy peacefully sleeping together. The gentle rise and fall of your chests in unison. 

But there is a part of me that is feeling sad, I could almost shed a tear. As this is yet another sign that you are growing up, one day you won't need me to sleep at all. 





1 comment:

  1. He will always need mama cuddles. It's scary to see the first signs of change when your baby starts to need you less, but I have been overwhelmed by how much I've loved what replaces it.

    ReplyDelete