Tuesday 15 April 2014

It's a wonderful life!

A very tired boy who really doesn't want to sleep. So it's outside we go to the garden. You love looking at the veggies growing, and at the little insects running through the leaves. 

But your favourite thing to do in the garden now is chase the chickens. I hold your hands with your feet on the ground and away you go stomping your feet towards the chickens and just as your about to grab one I scoop you up into my arms.

Then you strain your neck reaching out stretching to try to be let down again. But tired boys must sleep so it's into the ergo on mamas back you go, where you can still watch the chickens forage as you gently drift off to sleep.

Now here I am sipping the rosella tea I made from the flowers we bought at the markets, two border collies asleep at my feet, making a felt ball for you to play with when you wake as the chickens wander through the garden around us.

Oh what a life we lead! 


2 comments:

  1. I miss our chooks so much! Except the attacks on my fingers. Those I don't miss.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, I haven't experienced that..yet. But I hope I never get the chance!

    ReplyDelete