Saturday 26 April 2014

Connecting with Daddy

This is more Daddy's memory than mine but it made me feel all warm inside knowing how special this was to him.

The other night after our shower as I was brushing my teeth Daddy took you downstairs.

Normally you two will play on the bed waiting for me to finish and then we climb in together to snuggle. 

But when I was ready for snuggling you two were downstairs together, and I could hear your Daddy gently patting and lulling you to sleep.

A few moments later as I sat in bed waiting for you both, in walked your Daddy proud as punch. Grinning from ear to ear. He had put you to sleep all on his own, in his own special way.

You had given him the special neck strangling cuddle that you normally only give to me. I couldn't help but feel a little jealous that I didn't get to spend that special night bonding time with you. 

But as I listened to your daddy excitedly recalling exactly what he did and what you did, and how he felt you gently drift off to sleep in his arms, I realized how important this moment was for both of you. 

Connecting with you is easy as a mama. It's as simple as a breastfeed. This enables you to trust me that I will provide you with all of your needs. Daddies have to work harder to build the bond with their smalls. 

I'm so glad that you have such a wonderful Daddy who loves you as much as I do. The next day your Daddy was still beaming and I heard him saying, "You were so sweet last night darling giving Daddy cuddles and falling asleep in my arms, I will remember that for the rest of my life!" 



No comments:

Post a Comment