Thursday 24 April 2014

Half birthday


Six months old today, your half birthday. It's hard for me not to feel a little sad today. I don't know how it happened, seems just yesterday you were born. My little tiny baby is gone.

But although I am sad that you will never be that squishy little newborn again. I am thrilled to have such a beautiful, energetic, bright eyed, inquisitive little boy.

You now weigh over 7.5kg, and I am proud that I solely have provided for all your nutritional needs to this point.

You are a speedy little crawler when you see something you want. Though you prefer walking with someone holding your hands to help you explore the world.

You can kick the ball to Bailey and you love chasing the puppies to pat them. 

Now you can recognise a few signs including "milkies", "all done" and "potty". 
You have started signing milkies and smacking your lips together when you want a feed. 

Last night you officially slept through the night for the first time, a full 5hr stretch of sleep (pity mama didn't sleep also).

The mirror is one of your favourite places to play. You think your reflection is fabulous! 

You have come so far in just six months! My little darling boy, I will savour every moment and try not to miss the past or admire the future as the present is all we ever truly have. 



1 comment: