Tuesday 12 May 2015

I NEED it!

These are the things I must remember as when I am old they will delight me no end! 

You are now 18 months old and starting to put a few words together to make short sentences. The other morning you were having your usual marathon morning feed, but this was after a very wakeful night. I was feeling very tired and touched out and told you, "no more Milkies now, Mama needs to rest I am tired and need to sleep". 

At this point you sat up, looked me straight in the eye and said "Mama I need it, I NEED it, mama I need it!" It shocked me and made me laugh. So of course I couldn't resist that since you "NEEDED it". 

Another of your new sentences is where you ask me to stay sitting where I am while you run to get something, like a book for us to read or toy to play with. 
You have been saying "you shi sit she mm" which I know translates to "you stay sitting here". But the other day you actually said "you wait here stay sit".

You never cease to amaze me. You are loving trying out new words. You figured out how to say "Joshua" last night, probably after me calling out to you repeatedly at the park that day as you ran off chasing birds towards a busy road. 

You sat in the bath calling out your own name then giggling your head off. It was the sweetest thing.

So a few of your new words include: koala, badger, dinosaur, capsule, back (as you love getting piggy backs), grass, sure, broken, battery, boat. 

Other phrases you say include: 
what's that?
Fix it. 
No don't do it.
Buy it.

Oh yes, and most entertaining of all is that you now call me "MONEY" which you are normally calling out to me the same way I do to your Daddy. Monkey see monkey do! 

No comments:

Post a Comment