Friday 24 April 2015

A fresh start

Today Daddy came home to tell us he lost his job, after a week of stress and worry that this may happen it was actually a relief to hear this news. It wasn't a job he loved, or a career he chose for himself, it was simply a job with a great wage that has allowed me to be a full time mother to you. 

You are 18months old today, a precious and delightful age. I am so blessed to have had so much time to spend adoring you, watching you grow from a tiny newborn into a busy and inquisitive toddler. 

Our plan was that I would go back to work in September, by this point you would be 23months old, and I would only go back part time as being with you is more important to me than money. But now our plans must change, and I may have to start work in the next few weeks, and likely I will need to work full time to help us pay the mortgage. 

I can't help but feel sad that I won't be with you every minute of every day. There is no where I would rather be than with you. It is clear that you are picking up on the stress in our home right now. You are very unsettled and become very upset if Daddy or I leave the room. 

This is a chance for our family to have a new beginning. Yes our plans will change, but now Daddy has the opportunity to pick a career that he would actually like to do instead of something he feels he has to do. It is time for me to support him the way he did for me when I wanted to become a midwife. 

Now every moment with you will be even more precious. We will survive this storm. Even if we lose everything we own, as long as we have each other we will be rich. 

No comments:

Post a Comment