Monday 16 June 2014

Sweet dreams

The sweet smell of milk on your breath, your growing strands of hair tickling my face, the soft sounds of your breath mixed with the rise and fall of your chest. Everything about you is intoxicating. 

I am overwhelmed with warmth, as love fills every cell in my body, overflowing and wrapping itself around us like a warm blanket on a cold winters night.

I smile as you start to giggle in your sleep, dreaming perhaps of your Daddy chasing you around the house playing monsters, or Mama jumping out behind Daddy to surprise you. 

Later you start to squirm and let out a whimper and then a cry. I pull you closer and tell you "It's alright Mama is here" and your little body relaxes again and your rhythmic breathing again takes over.

I love that all I need to do to make you feel safe, secure and loved is to simply be here for you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment