Wednesday 25 February 2015

Trains, planes and automobiles

How can I condense all my memories of you into a few posts, it seems impossible to keep up. Everyday you do something that I wish to remember but I have no time to sit and write it down and once you are asleep I'm not far behind.

You are changing so fast, learning new things every day. Your new favourite thing is to wave at everyone you see, everywhere we go. You do almost anything to get people's attention to wave at them. If they ignore you it's obvious by your expression that you can't understand why they wouldn't wave back, and I can't help but agree with you. 

You also have started gesturing for me to come with you, follow you so you can show me things or simply so I will chase you. I love seeing what you want to show me.

Even though I have tried to keep all your toys very gender neutral you are naturally drawn to trucks, cars, trains and tractors. You greatly show how impressed you are by things by yelling "wow wow wow!!". 

Although it seems easier to play with your toys on the ground, often you ask to be helped up onto the chair so that you can sit and play with them on the big table. 

Your vocabulary has again exploded including new words such as "tractor, bike, book, sleep, door, star, moon, digger, dump truck, bus, baby, cat, mouse". The list goes on and on. 

Amazingly this year seems to be passing even faster than your first, perhaps because you are now almost always on the go. Exploring new things, reading books over and over again, talking about everything you see. 

The moments you are still I cherish as I feel like it's the only time I can really soak you in. Memorizing your little baby face that is gradually becoming more and more like a little boy. 



No comments:

Post a Comment