Wednesday 24 September 2014

Saying "I love you" without words

There are some things that I am better at than your Daddy, but one of those things is not transferring you sleeping into the car. That crown is for who I lovingly call "The Transfer King".

However you were asleep in my arms, so I decided to give it a shot. But of course you woke up, and you had only now slept for a few minutes so I was sure you would become very upset in the car.

Although you were clearly very tired, you didn't cry. Instead you held your hand out to me, and I reached out expecting you to playfully tap my hand or pull away.

Yet, again you surprised me by holding on tightly to my hand for the entire car ride. The warmth of your soft little hand holding on to mine made my heart melt. A moment in time I never wish to forget. 

The time I unsuccessfully transferred you, but you showed me you loved me despite my failings. 

No comments:

Post a Comment